Steve Dinelli is an active angel investor with over 50 investments in early-stage companies. Top investments include: Home Chef (Acquired By Kroger $700M), Nerd Wallet (IPO), Clear Co, Yummy, and Airhouse.
Previously Steve founded Blackbird Garage which was acquired by Barrington Media Group. At BMG Steve served as Chief Digital Officer while the company added 2 more digital acquisitions and grew the department to over 120 people. Blackbird Garage specialized in paid social and managed hundreds of millions of dollars in ad spend for leading direct-to-consumer brands including MVMT Watches, Home Chef, Brooklinen, Casper, Leesa, Hello Fresh, Roman Health, Factor_, JustFab, Fabletics, Savage X Fenty, and many more.
How to raise money for your DTC brand, from crowdfunding to VC and everything in-between.
Knowing where and how to raise money for your DTC brand is tough. In this session, I’ll dive deep into how to find investors, how to pitch them, and what to ask for. I’ll share insights from investors’ perspectives on what makes a good investment including specific metrics and their goal returns.
- Should I raise outside capital for my DTC brand?
- Step by step process on how to source investors and get meetings.
- Learn metrics investors look for at different stages of growth.
- Learn the difference in investment types including Crowd Funding, Convertible Notes, SAFEs, Equity and Debt financing.
- Goals from the investors perspective.